- Mozambique to vote in tense, high-stakes election
Mozambicans head to the polls on Tuesday in an election widely expected to result in the ruling Frelimo party extending its decades-long rule over a nation that is set to become one of the world' …
- KKR-led group buying $685 mln stake in Philippines' top hospital chain
Philippines' Metro Pacific Investments Corp said on Tuesday it is selling a stake in the country's largest hospital chain to a consortium led by private equity firm KKR & Co for 35.3 bil …
- UPDATE 1-California governor demands PG&E accountability for mismanaging power shutoffs
California Governor Gavin Newsom said on Monday that utility Pacific Gas and Electric Co should be held accountable for mismanaging last week's widespread power shutoffs and urged the company to …
- PRESS DIGEST- British Business – Oct. 15
The following are the top stories on the business pages of British newspapers. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
- PRESS DIGEST- Financial Times – Oct. 15
The following are the top stories in the Financial Times. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
- UPDATE 5-Climate change activists target BlackRock in London
* Police order climate activists to cease all assembly (Adds Extinction Rebellion response to police crackdown)
- Here's what happened to the stock market on Monday
The indexes traded in a tight range as investors looked ahead to the start of the earnings season while grappling with new worries over trade.
- Longtime Berkshire Hathaway shareholder sells stake, accusing Warren Buffett of 'thumb-sucking'
David Rolfe, a longtime Berkshire Hathaway shareholder and CIO at Wedgewood Partners, is fed up with Warren Buffett.
- Three before you leave — What to watch for Tuesday including the start of earnings season
On Tuesday we'll get the start of third-quarter earnings season, bank earnings and a gauge of manufacturing acitivty in the New York area.
- Goldman Sachs is expected to report third-quarter hits from sinking WeWork, Uber stakes
Investors are set to scrutinize results from Goldman Sachs and J.P. Morgan Chase as banks report third-quarter results starting Tuesday.
- Facebook's Libra consortium is meeting Monday after exodus of key backers
The Libra Association is meeting in Geneva to review a charter and appoint a board of directors.
- Three options strategies for the week: October 14, 2019
The "Options Action" traders share which stocks they're watching this week.